In general, a numerical value of Revit dimension can be replaced text only, but you can change a numerical value using Unicode. This method might be useful when you need to place dimensions for your details.
Visibility/Graphics was introduced in the December issue of CAD & Graphics. Visibility/Graphics is a very powerful function to control graphics of each view in Revit.
Typically most users just use a category-based filter in Revit, but sometimes a selection-based filter is very useful if there is no rule to be applied.
Selection-Based filter allows to select elements manually and save the selection as a filter. Follow the instructions below to create a selection-based filter.
1. Select Elements which needs to be filtered in a view.
2. Go to Manage tab > Selection panel, and click on “Save” icon to create a selection-based filter.
3. Type a filter name, and click “OK”.
4. To edit an existing filter, go to Manage tab > Selection panel, and click on “Edit” icon.
5. Select a filter to be modified, and click on “Edit” button.
6. You can add or remove elements from a selection-based filter like a group.
I started to publish a article serially in a monthly Korean AEC magazine titled “CAD & Graphics”, and the overall topic is “How to create a beautiful drawings using Revit graphic functions”. First article for this month is about general introduction of each graphic functions in Revit.
If you need to attach multiple columns or walls to a roof, you can attach those elements quickly & easily using “Attach Top/Base”. This short video clip shows how to attach columns to a roof using “Attach Top/Base”.
You can place a dimension between circles using the parameter called “Center Mark Visible” because you cannot snap center points of circles.